Everyone who comes into contact with children and their families and carers has a role to play in safeguarding children. If you have any safeguarding concerns, however small, about a child please contact the school Designated Safeguarding Lead or Headteachers straight away.
Worried about a child?
Our Safeguarding Lead:
The Bromley Pensnett Primary School
Mr J Gray | Headteacher
01384 210 290
drb Ignite Multi Academy Trust:
Robert Bowater | CEO
For out of hours concerns:
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
Telephone: 0300 555 0050 (option 4)
Contact the Emergency Duty Team on
0300 555 8574 or in an emergency call 999
Purpose of our Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy
Our policy supports a strong school culture of safeguarding and provides clear direction to all stakeholders about expected practice in dealing with safeguarding concerns and issues.
It makes explicit the school’s commitment to the development of best practice and effective procedures, ensuring that safeguarding concerns and referrals are handled sensitively, professionally and in a way that supports and protects the needs of the child at all times.
Our culture of safeguarding has three clear drivers:
- Prevention: by creating a positive, safe and secure school ethos and providing high quality teaching and pastoral support to pupils
- Protection: by following agreed procedures and ensuring staff are appropriately recruited, trained and supported to respond appropriately and sensitively to safeguarding concerns
- Support: by providing support for all pupils and staff with a strong focus on particularly vulnerable pupils who may require bespoke interventions.
This means that everyone at The Bromley Pensnett Primary School is committed to:
- protecting children from harm at all times
- preventing impairment of children’s health or development
- ensuring children grow up in circumstances consistent with the provision of safe and effective care
- taking action to enable all children to have the best outcomes
- working in partnership with parents and external agencies to keep children safe
Children’s voice in safeguarding
At The Bromley Pensnett Primary School we have an active Children’s Local Safeguarding Board. This is comprised of pupils from every year group and meets regularly to discuss issues that relate to the six principles of effective safeguarding i.e. empowerment, protection, prevention, proportionality, partnerships, accountability in ways that make sense to them and can be applied to everyday life in school and the wider community. This includes such things as keeping safe on-line, stranger danger, friendships and making safe choices.The Trust also hosts an annual Children’s safeguarding Conference and Bromley Pensnett pupils are always proud to take part.